Thanks to everyone for making 2013 Green Tie Affair a success. Thanks to all attendees, volunteers, sponsors and supporters. Special thanks to our photographer Sean Smith, who donated his services. Please visit www.seanlsmithphotography.com/greentie to see all the GREAT event photos. You can download or print photos and Sean will donate 100% of the proceeds to the Council. ALSO Click here for a copy of the event program. If you attended Green Tie Affair and would like to share feedback about your experience, please click here.
- Complimentary wine. Your first glass will be free - while supplies last.
- Honoring those who serve including Operation Stand Down and TDEC
- Presentation of 2013 Sustainable Tennessee Awards to retiring TDEC employees, Dan Eagar and Karen Grubbs
- Live & Silent Auction featuring a solar PV system from LightWave Solar valued at $17,000 and many more GREAT items & services
- Delicious appetizers and cash bar
- Strut your stuff on our “Green Carpet” and enjoy music by Barry Sulkin and Jeff Poppen.
- NEW VENUE –University Club of Nashville
Green Tie Affair is one of our most important and fun events of the year, supporting all Council programs including Sustainable TN, TN Tree Project, our Watershed Support Center and more. Click here to read our 2012 accomplishments so you can see how your support has translated into powerful and important work to improve Tennessee’s environment, communities and public health. Green Tie Affair is a Green Event with services provided by C3 Green Events.
University Club of Nashville is located at 2402 Garland Avenue in Nashville. Attire is business/business casual/party attire. Green tie – optional. If you have environmentally friendly clothes (resale shop, organic materials, etc) - show them off here! Parking is available on site – if the lot is full, free valet parking is avaialble but you will be responsible for any gratuity to the valet staff. Click here for other important information for attendees.
Your mission – should you choose to accept It…. ENLIST. We have a variety of registration options:
Council membership is included with registration.
- Basic Duty – Your only “duty” is to have fun. Early discount thru 3/14. Click here for registration. $75/each or $110/couple .
- Distinguished Service – Honoring those with dedicated service, we are offering special pricing for Veterans, Students, and TDEC employees. Click Here for registration. $35
- Special Forces - If you have a “Troop” of 5 or more – you qualify for a group discount. Click here for registration. $45
- KP - Volunteers are mission critical, so we offer free registration and free council membership – and no worries - nobody will be working in the kitchen! Click here for registration.
- Operation SponsorSHIP – Sponsors are our best “fleet” of supporters, so we offer great promotional opportunities for businesses and individuals who enlist. Click here to learn more. And then: Click here for registration.
- Operation Auction Donation – Our Auction is a great way to promote your products and services. Click here to learn more. Then Click here for the Auction Donor Form. And then: Click here for discounted registration.
FEATURED AUCTION ITEMS:
Visit our Auction Page for more information about these and MANY MORE fabulous items featured in our Auction that are too good to be missed - this is a command!
|A 3.12 kW solar PV system
installed by LightWave Solar, Value $17,000, Minimum Bid $12,500
Bidders have the chance to buy a completely installed solar PV system at a discounted price while supporting the programs and mission of Tennessee Environmental Council. Important: Please cllick here to visit LightWave Solar’s website to learn more about the system featured at Green Tie 2013 – if you plan to bid you will need to review specifications with LightWave Solar.
|0% Commission on Home Sale
from Brokers Richard Courtney and Betsy Moran
of Christianson Patterson Courtney & Associates, Value up to $10,000, Min Bid $2,000
Christianson Patterson Courtney & Associates’ top producers, Richard Courtney and Betsy Moran, will sell your house for 0% listing commission if you are the highest bidder. In other words, if your home is worth $200,000, it’s a $6,000 value ($10,000 maximum and you home must be listed for sale by March 24, 2014. This offer is restricted to Williamson and Davidson County in Tennessee (USA)
|2 Festival and Conference Passes to the Americana Music Festival and Conference
September 18-22, 2013
Value $1,000. Min Bid $500.
The event will take place September 18-22, 2013, gathering thousands of artists, fans and industry professionals from all over the world in Nashville, TN. With planning already underway, the 2013 Americana Music Festival & Conference promises to once again be the must-attend event for anyone who loves great music. The 2012 lineup included Brandie Carlisle, Richard Thompson, Punch Brothers, the Wallflowers, BoDeans, John Hiatt, Buddy Miller & Leanne Womack and too many more GREAT artists to list. Includes admission to daytime and evening events along with two tickets to the Americana Honors & Awards program at the historic Ryman Auditorium
|Pervious concrete forming and installation – 20 Cubic Yards (Approx 2,000 square feet) from Tennessee Concrete Association. (Concrete must be purchased separately.)
Ideal for driveway, patio, walking trail or parking lot.
Value, $3,000. Min Bid $1,000
Pervious concrete is a paving material that keeps stormwater on site and helps return it to the aquifer or directs it to a holding area to be used for irrigation or other purposes. Alan Sparkman will be Project Supervisor – he is one of only 37 in the US holding a Pervious Concrete Craftsman Certification. Concrete must be purchased separately from an approved TCA member company and will run approximately $2,000 for 20 cubic yards.
|Joe Prochaska and Catherine Soudaplatoff|
|Anne Davis & Mayor Karl Dean|
Patron and Honorary Host:
Adelle Wood & Bill Terry
Dodd and Susan Galbreath
Dorene Bolze and Claude Carmichael
ESC Lab Science
John Noel and Melinda Welton
Kurtz Consulting for Education & Environment
Linda Breggin and Michael Vandenbergh
Mary Helen Clarke
Mary Mastin and Brian Paddock
Pat Van Ryckeghem
Robert and Sallie Diehl
Urban Century Institute
Green Tie Affair is a GREEN EVENT. Learn more at www.tectn.org/green-events/
If you have any questions about Green Tie Affair please contact us at tec(at symbol)tectn.org with subject line “Green Tie Affair”.
To see pictures or find out about past Green Tie Affair events, please click here.
Other Council Events: