Sustainable Tennessee brings individuals, businesses, government groups, non profit organizations, students, educators and others interested in clean air, water, land and energy together to advance priority issues for our state. Our 7th Annual Sustainable Tennessee Summit will take place at University of Tennessee in Chattanooga on OCTOBER 29, 2013. This year we are also hosting a second half-day event in Gallatin at Volunteer State Community College on DECEMBER 3, 2013.
- Chattanooga-based businesses, corporations, NGOs and entrepreneurs share their successes, inspiration and insights including: Volkswagen Group of Americas; EPB; Thrive 2055; 212 Market; TN Bun Company; Compost Soil Share; EES Consulting; Collier Construction; E3 Innovate; Bill Phillips Ecological Consulting, LLC; TN Environmental Council; TN Dept. of Environment and Conservation; City of Chattanooga; and more! Click here for detailed speaker bios!
- Learn about campus sustainability initiatives at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Join us for a full day, half day, for our lunchtime speaker, and/or come out for appetizers and networking at the Flying Squirrel at 5:30pm.
- Scholarships available for students and free exhibit tables for non-profit organizations – contact gretchen(at)tectn.org for info.
The event will take place at the University Center, located near the intersection of Douglas Street and E. Fifth Street in Chattanooga. We will be in the Chattanooga Room. Parking is available across the street on E. 5th Street next to the cemetery. Affordable and GREEN accommodations at Crash Pad. Here is some detailed information for event registrants.
Click here for a copy of the Event Program.
|8:30 -9am||Check in and Networking|
|9am-9:15am||Welcome from Chattanooga Mayor, Andy Berke; AND UTC Provost & Sr Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, A. Jerald Ainsworth|
|9:15-9:45||John McFadden, Executive Director, Tennessee Environmental Council – Sustainable Tennessee Overview|
|9:45-10:45||Bill Phillips, Envision Ecology, Green Corridor Concept for Industrial Park Development; AND Kaye Fiorella, Volkswagen Group of Americas, Sustainability|
|10:45-11:15||BREAK – Visit Tables|
|11:15-12:15||Elizabeth Hammitt, EPB|
|12:15-12:30||LUNCH Buffet – Fill Plates and Be Seated for Lunch Panel/Forum|
|12:30-1:30||Bridgett Massengil – Thrive 2055; Sally Moses – Market 212;|
|1:30 -2:15||State and City Sustainability Initiatives: Tyler Jeffry – TDEC Regional Director External Affairs for TN Dept. of Environment & Conservation (TDEC); AND Don Green- City of Chattanooga Water Quality Program; AND Gene Hyde – City Forester, Chattanooga|
|2:15-2:45||BREAK- Visit Tables|
|2:45-3:45||Commercial and Residential Energy Efficiency: Dan LeVan – EES Consulting, Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Retrofits Commercial; AND Ethan Collier- Collier Construction, Energy Efficiency: Reinventing New Construction Commercial; AND Erik Daugherty- E3 Innovate, Energy Efficiency Retrofits Residential|
|3:45-4:45||Corey Ballew- Compost Soil Share; AND Alan Edington – TN Bun Company, Zero Waste to Landfill Initiative|
|4:45 – 5pm||Wrap up and Action|
Join us for a full day, half day, for our lunchtime speaker, and/or come out for our evening party featuring free appetizers and networking at the Flying Squirrel at 5:30pm. Registration includes a one-year membership to the Council. Already a member? You’ ll save money on registration. Register by October 21 and SAVE more!
|Full Price||Early Price|
|Full Day Registration||$50.00||$40.00|
|Full Day Member||$35.00||$25.00|
|Half Day Member||$25.00||$20.00|
|Lunch Only (includes lunch PLUS 11:15 OR 12:30 session||$20.00||$15.00|
|Lunch Only Members||$15.00||$15.00|
|Evening Party Only||$20.00||$15.00|
|Evening Party Only Member||$15.00||$15.00|
Special thank to these sponsors. Sponsorship is a great way to reach thousands of Council members and supporters. Click here for our sponsorship information and application OR Click here to register for sponsorship online. You may also contact Gretchen at gretchen(at)tectn.org with “Sustainable TN” in the subject line
|Bill Phillips Ecological Consulting, LLC||Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation|
|ESC Lab Sciences||TN Chapter, Sierra Club|
|Pennington and Associates||Bridgestone Firestone|
|John Noel||Southern Alliance for Clean Energy|
|Don & Sharon Safer||Mary Mastin and Brian Paddock|
|Urban Century Institute|
Volunteer for the Summit
Volunteering at the Summit Events is a great way to meet other Sustainable TN coalition members and help advance our common goals. Volunteer who work a minimum of 4 hours at the event can attend the Summit for FREE. Contact gretchen(at symbol)tectn.org with “Sustain TN Chattanooga” in the subject line for more information or “Sustain TN Gallatin”
Serve on the Sustainable Tennessee Task Force
The Sustainable Tennessee Task Force will help with the following work of Sustainable Tennessee. The committee will meet every other week for a one hour planning phone call.
- Update the Sustainable Tennessee Agenda
- Refine the 2014 Sustainable Tennessee Priorities and implementation strategies – established at the Aug 20 Policy and Practice meeting.
- Help develop Sustainable TN Infrastructure and Outreach. Work on strategies and implementation of priority issues.
- Help plan Sustainable Tennessee events including: fall Summit events, January News Conference, Conservation Education Day, and more.
Contact gretchen(at symbol)tectn.org with “Sustain TN Task Force” in the subject line.