Immediate Release: On June 8th, Tennessee Environmental Council received the 2016 Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award in the Natural Heritage Category.
The award recognizes the Council’s Annual 50K Tree Day for its exceptional voluntary actions that help to improve and protect Tennessee’s environment and natural resources. Check out all of our projects and programs for more information on how we keep TN sustainable!
We want to congratulate all the other recipients and acknowledge their hard work to keep TN healthy and sustainable!
- Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition
- green|spaces – Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Emmett Elementary School – Sullivan County, Tennessee
- EPB – Hamilton County, Tennessee
- The Jackson Walk – Madison County, Tennessee
- Sevier Solid Waste, Inc. – Sevier County, Tennessee
- Tennessee Environmental Council – Natural Heritage
- Sharp Transport, Inc. – Lawrence County, Tennessee
- Music City Center – Davidson County, Tennessee
- Belmont University – Davidson County, Tennessee
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary – Davidson County, Tennessee